Chapter Meeting Ideas
- Guest speakers at lunch time.
- Tour local biomedical companies.
- Group discussion of select JBMR articles.
- Group discussion of topics of interest. Some topics include:
- How to get started with research
- How to do proficient literature search
- How to create multimedia presentations
- Maintain a departmental biomaterials library for student use (journal and books donated by faculty, JBMR complimentary subscription).
- "Biomaterials Open-House" for elementary, middle and secondary school students.
Chapter Fundraising Ideas
- "Student Work Day" - Students may be hired by faculty and staff to do various academic, research, or other related work.
- Have members work at athletic games or other university events.
- Sales of premium and fundraising products.
- Chapter makes contact with the community through philanthropy programs. For example:
- Canned food drive
- Holiday events
- Habitat for Humanity