How to Form a Chapter
First, find three friends who are student members of the Society For Biomaterials and one faculty member who is an Active member of the Society.
Then, write up a constitution which agrees with the National Student Section's objectives; a fill in the blank version is available below.
Next, elect or appoint officers according to your constitution and bylaws.
Finally, send a list of your officers, members, and faculty advisor along with a copy of your constitution and bylaws to the Society For Biomaterials Headquarters office firstname.lastname@example.org for approval by the Student Section Bylaws Chair. Following approval, the chapter will be recognized as active and will be listed on the SFB website on the following page: https://www.biomaterials.org/students-national-student-chapter/current-s...
National Student Chapter Objectives and Goals
- to encourage the development, dissemination, integration, and utilization of knowledge in biomaterials
- to promote student research and education in biomaterials and related disciplines
- to promote the advancement of biomaterials research and education and its related aspects
- to futher the aims and objectives of the Society For Biomaterials as they relate to student research and education
- to identify students interest in biomaterials
- to generate student and faculty interest and interaction in biomaterials
- to aid the efficiency of students seeking research opportunities