Biomaterials Days Grant
SFB will provide financial support for Biomaterials Days for several locations throughout the United States in 2020. Institutions are encouraged to apply for support of up to $2,500 in matched funds, raised to host their Biomaterials Day. Matched funds are provided dollar for dollar for a new Biomaterials Day program, and one dollar for every two dollars raised by an established, recurring Biomaterials Day program. Institutions must have an active SFB Student Chapter in good standing to be eligible and student involvement in planning and implementation of the event is highly encouraged.
It is the vision of the Biomaterials Days Grant Program to incorporate the following:
1. Be a regional meeting. Institutions are encouraged to partner with other institutions in neighboring states/regions to cover a broader participant base.
2. Be marketed to: students; SFB members in the greater metropolitan area including academics, industry, and government; non-SFB members who are in the metropolitan area.
3. Include a keynote speaker. It is recommended that this person be a SFB member; justification is needed if this is not the case.
Report: A brief final/summary report with images, a list of registered attendees, and copies of all abstracts will be required after the event takes place.
- Applications for events to be held in 2020 are due by September 14, 2019.
- Notice of grant award will be provided by November 2019.
To submit an application, complete the form here and submit it to Dan Lemyre at email@example.com. Please be sure that you receive a confirmation email after your application has been submitted. All applications will be reviewed by the Education & Professional Development Committee.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you must be a current, recognized SFB student chapter to apply for the Biomaterials Day grant.