How to Form a Chapter at Your University
First, find three friends who are student members of the Society For Biomaterials and one faculty member who is an Active member of the Society.
Then, write up a constitution that agrees with the National Student Section's objectives; a fill-in-the-blank version is available below.
Next, elect or appoint officers according to your constitution and bylaws.
Finally, send a list of your officers, members, and faculty advisor along with a copy of your constitution and bylaws to the Society For Biomaterials Headquarters office firstname.lastname@example.org for approval by the Student Section Bylaws Chair. Following approval, the chapter will be recognized as active and will be listed on the SFB website on the following page: https://www.biomaterials.org/students-national-student-chapter/current-…
National Student Chapter Objectives and Goals
- to encourage the development, dissemination, integration, and utilization of knowledge in biomaterials
- to promote student research and education in biomaterials and related disciplines
- to promote the advancement of biomaterials research and education and its related aspects
- to futher the aims and objectives of the Society For Biomaterials as they relate to student research and education
- to identify students interest in biomaterials
- to generate student and faculty interest and interaction in biomaterials
- to aid the efficiency of students seeking research opportunities