Tissue Regenerative Biomaterials: Need for Scientific Understanding to Ameliorate Commercial Valuation (BMPC SIG)
The Biomaterials and Medical Products Commercialization (BMPC) Special Interest Group (SIG) met on Friday, September 30, 2022. The webinar featured talks from Dr. Subra Guna and Dr. David Kaplan.
"Biomaterial Science is absolutely required for understanding the Structure-Chemistry and Function of Tissue Regenerative Medical Devices. In this session, we will discuss the current advanced regenerative medical technologies with reference to the biomaterial chemical composition. Further our eminent speakers will shed light on the misconceptions about adopting appropriate tissue regenerative/wound care biomaterials for the best clinical outcome along with a value assessment of a biomaterial. Please bring all your technical thoughts to hash out in this interactive webinar!
Specifically, the webinar will include:
- an overview of biomaterial science
- a deeper dive into the categories of current regenerative medical technologies
- the significance of understanding the biomaterial chemical & physical composition, a Scientific Overview
- an exploration of biomaterial features under "Cellular and/or tissue-based products (CTPs)"
- correlating the science behind biomaterials with its potential commercial valuation"